We all have fears! I don’t like heights!
I’ve also overcome some fears, such as flying.
- Make a list of your fears—make a list of all of your fears. Which one is the easiest to cross of your list?
- Challenge your thoughts and the reason behind it—ask ourselves why this is a fear, what has caused this to be a fear and why you are fearful of this event.
- Make a list of steps to overcome this fear—make a list of steps that need to be taken in order to overcome this fear.
- Ask yourself what is the worst case scenario—then ask what the worst case scenario is. With my fear of heights, that would be falling and breaking bones.
- Relax and visualize yourself going through the motions of what you are afraid of
- Revisit past victories—what fears have you overcome in the past? How did you do this?
- Ask your family and friends for encouragement—we all need encouragement to keep moving forward and reach our goals.
- Take deep breaths—often deep breathing calms us and helps us to have perspective on the matter at hand.
- Face your fear head on—you may want a friend with you to lend emotional support
How do you overcome your fears?