I would love to be able to make a full time living writing, but I have not reached that point yet.
However there are ways to turn a creative dream into a reality.
- Determine your dream—what do you want to do more than anything
- Determine the steps needed to reach this dream—what are the steps you need to reach this particular dream and goal
- Be honest—is this dream a reality? Can you work towards being a full time writer or a singer? Or do you want to be a basketball player, although you’re only 4’8? Be honest if this is doable and if it is not then how can you make it doable. You could become a basketball coach, cover the game for a local radio station or write the articles for the newspaper?
- Write out your dream—people are more likely to reach a goal when they write it down
- Learn, Learn, Learn—is returning to school an option? Do you need a coach? Conferences, seminars, blogs on your specialty, books and online classes are a great way to learn and grow.
- Practice, Practice, Practice—begin working on the craft and learning
- Network—whether it is attending conferences and seminars, joining local groups or finding a critique group find ways to network and continue learning.
- Business—remember that you are working towards establishing a business. Learn all you need to know about the business aspects of your industry. I know I’ve learned a lot through trial and error.
- Perseverance—don’t give up. The path is never straight and narrow. There will be many twists and turns along the way. The goal is to never give up but keep learning, practicing and working hard to move forward.
Leave a Reply: What have you done to make your dreams a reality?
You must log in to post a comment.