Are you going through a transition? Does life seem uncertain? Are you unsure of what the future holds?
Whether you are battling a disease, working through a divorce, searching for a new job or dealing with other life struggles in this chapter of your life, don’t give up hope.
Here are 12 ways to keep hope alive:
- Read your Bible—this is the best place to start. There are plenty examples of individuals that have struggled and been blessed by God.
- Keep a hope journal—write in your journal every day, sharing your heart and feelings. This is a journal just between you and God.
- List of gratitude’s—make a list of things to be thankful for each morning. I like to list at least three things, but you can list any number you want.
- Art journaling—this is simply drawing your feelings and heart.
- Uplifting Music—listen to music that lifts your spirit. While you listen you can sing along or even dance to it.
- Inspirational Movies—find an inspirational movie that relates to your circumstances or just lifts your spirit and makes you feel good.
- Place your name in the Bible Verse—when you read a verse put your name in that verse. For example: “cast not your burdens upon the Lord.” I would say, “Leagh, cast not your burdens upon the Lord.”
- Cast Your Cares Away—write your burden out and then burn it. As the ashes burn, lift that burden and prayer up to God and allow Him to lift it from your shoulders.
- Say Goodbye to the past—if your house burned down go back to that site and say goodbye. If you hurt someone, meet with them and apologize. If it is impossible to meet in person then write that person a letter. Even if you never send it, you’ve released those feelings and said goodbye.
- Speak with someone else that has overcome that situation—find someone else that has overcome the same situation and share your stories with one another. Just knowing that someone else has been there and understand helps.
- Help the less fortunate—often doing something for someone else is the best medicine. You get your mind off of yourself and onto others. Doing this provides you with a new perspective of how much worse your own situation could be.
- Life Coaching—this is a great tool that will allow you to set goals and keep you accountable as you move forward.
How do you keep hope alive? What struggles have you overcome?
You must log in to post a comment.