When I reached adulthood, I made a lot of dumb choices. At the time I did not think about the long term affect these choices would have on my life. Some of these choices effected the direction of my life, made life a lot more difficult and cost me some of my dreams.
I didn’t stop to think or pray about what I was doing and I did not consider the long term cost these decisions would have on my life.
Some questions we can ask when looking at our choices and decisions are:
- How does this affect me now?
- How will this affect my future?
- Is this a want or a need?
- Does this have a life and death impact?
- Can I wait or postpone for a better future?
- Do I feel pressured to make this decision or change?
- What does The Bible say about this situation?
- What does my gut say?
- Am I following my intuition, my heart, my dreams or my hormones?
- What does God say about this?
Most importantly, take time to pray and ask God for guidance and direction.
What mistakes have you made that you wish you could change