A friend of mine recently purchased a new home. This led to a stressful time, longing to make the right decision and find a house that would become a home.
- Assess your needs in advance
- Be realistic about what you can afford
- Is this a starter home or a family home you hope to stay in the rest of your life
- Do you need room for growth? Are you planning on expanding your family?
- Search for the amenities you need or can’t live without
- Decide what you can live without if necessary
- Search for a home that meets the needs for you and your family
- Consider the neighborhood, surrounding schools, etc. Is the home on or near a busy shopping center or road? Is this something you can live with or will this cause too many delays?
- Is this home? Do you love the house? Does it feel like home?
What aspects did you take into consideration when searching for a new home?