For years I waited, longing and struggling to change and improve my circumstances and situation. After leaving an abusive relationship, the journey to heal and recover took years.
I wondered if I would ever find the person I’d lost along the path.
I longed to be able to stand on my own two feet and to find a way to do this, but nothing seemed to be working.
I wondered if God heard my cries and prayers! Had He forsaken me! Would my circumstances ever improve?
Don’t get me wrong, my circumstances weren’t awful and were a whole lot better than they had been in the abusive relationship. I just wanted more to my life. There are still things, such as a family, that only God knows if and when that prayer will be answered.
- His reasons are often beyond are grasp
- He hears all of our prayers, cries, and tears
- His way is better than my way
- He is preparing me for a future that only He knows
- His timing is not my timing
- Sometimes His answer is no or not right now
- It’s not all about me. There are times we are where we are to help someone else. One example is being a caregiver.
What have you learned in the wait?