Often I’ve had someone tell me that they are not creative. However, then s/he will come up with amazing ideas, completely re-
decorate a room or create a poem or picture that is amazing.
Often we have hidden talents and interest that we have not tapped into.
- Relax mind and pay attention to where your thoughts go
- Relax body and see what you migrate towards. Is it singing a song? Drawing a picture? Redecorating a room? Designing a new wardrobe?
- Just start with something and see where it leads you
- Is there something you always wanted to try but were afraid? You have nothing to lose, and maybe you’ve discovered a new hobby.
- Try creating either first thing in the morning or late at night—people are often most creative at
these two times of day.
- Exercise can bring changes to the brain to help you become more creative.
- Get in touch with your inner child—what did you love to do as a child? What do you wish you could do now?
- Be gentle with yourself—it’s okay not to be perfect. I have a habit of setting high standards, but sometimes I just need to breathe and allow myself to try without being perfect.
- Take an inventory—is there a group, interest or place you naturally migrate towards or show interest. Why is this? What about it appeals to you? What does this show about your true interest?
Leave a Reply: What hidden interest have you discovered?
You must log in to post a comment.