Last week, I discussed the stresses of caregiving and how it can affect your health.
So what are some ways you can reduce stress?
- Take time for yourself
- Make list of what needs to be done
- Be willing to say “no”
- Ask for help and then accept the help
- Stay physically active
- Keep a sense of humor
- Research caregiving resources in your community
- Don’t feel guilty
- Don’t try to be “perfect”
- Join a support group
- Make time for family and friends
- Above all, make time for yourself
How do you deal with the stress of caregiving?