For over three years I searched for a new job. I also prayed about a place to live.
God finally answered both of these prayers at the same time.
When circumstances changed and life began to turn around, I was surprised by the mixture of feelings I experienced.
I was excited for the changes and opportunities ahead of me, but scared to death to be taking such a huge step into the unknown.
I was moving from what I knew and was comfortable with to a life that was completely new and unknown to me.
I had the common fears and uncertainties that our emotions can drive us to. However, I was also excited about the changes and improvement to life these changes would provide.
I discovered that to handle this wide range of emotions:
- I had to take a deep breath
- I shared my hopes and fears with God
- I went through the motions, even when I was scared to death
- I had to take a leap of faith and trust God knew what was best
- I reminded myself this was an answer to prayer
- I reminded myself transition is part of life
- I had to take on minute, one hour, and one day at a time
- I was thankful for these blessings
- I wasn’t along, God was with me
What lessons have you learned in your life transition?
You must log in to post a comment.